East Coast Orthotic & Prosthetic Corp. is currently recruiting qualified, motivated athletic trainers to start an exciting career as an Orthotic Fitter! Athletic trainers are extremely valuable in our company. A background in athletic training provides a solid foundation for a successful career in the world of orthopedics.
We will train you and give you the tools necessary to develop and expand your skills and experience. If you like working in a team atmosphere, such as working with physicians and nurses, or in any type of clinical setting, this is the type of position for you! There is potential to grow and use your athletic training expertise to help improve the lives of others.
We are seeking to fill full-time day and evening shifts. The position includes some on-call weekends.
Responsibilities of an Orthotic Fitter:
- Performs procedures in the office or hospital setting, as prescribed by the physician and supervised by clinical manager.
- Administers orthotic braces and devices to clients with relativity stable conditions. Instructs, motivates, and assists clients in learning and improving functional activities.
- Instructs patient and family members on the proper use of devices. Helps client utilize the resources of their community and family.
- Reports changes in the client’s condition to the supervising clinical manager.
- Prepares clinical notes and progress reports, documenting treatments performed, and submits them for review to the supervising clinical manager.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a Plus
- Great Verbal Communication
- Previous Experience Bracing and Casting Preferred
- Superior Customer Service
- Ability to Understand and Meet Patient and Physician Needs
- Excellent People Skills, Strong Attention to Detail
- Ability to Multi-task Essential
- Must Be a Team Player With a Positive Attitude
- Must be willing to learn, be very flexible, possess excellent communication skills and be a team player with a desire to grow in the healthcare field. Must also have knowledge of human anatomy and have experience as an athletic trainer
- Must have solid knowledge of principles and practices of athletic training
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop good interpersonal relationships with patients, staff and other healthcare providers and the ability to work with patients in a hospital, office or setting
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be flexible and willing to work physicians’ hours
- Access to own vehicle is required. Work transportation necessary (especially for On Call).
- Requires working on call three weekends in a calendar year