East Coast Orthotic & Prosthetic Corp. is currently recruiting Orthotic Lab Technicians to join our organization! We are seeking motivated individuals to use your creativity and talent to invent new solutions, meet new demands, and offer the most effective services/ products in the industry.
We will give you the tools necessary to develop and expand your skills/ experience. If you like working as an integral part in a team atmosphere and are passionate about providing the best quality service to patients, this is the position for you!
Experience as a Foot Orthotic Lab Technician preferred. However, we will consider training needs.
- Fabricate and repair orthotics based on medical specifications from ECOP practitioners in a timely manner
- Uses fabrication techniques such as: Lamination techniques, mold preparation, and thermoforms for both orthotics and prosthetics.
- Examine work orders or broken devices in order to determine specifications for production
- Test devices for accuracy of specifications and verify conformance to quality standards. Ensures the best possible fit, function, and cosmetics of products and services
- Keep notes regarding fabrication specifications or any information specific to the specialized materials used in a production process
- Works with common orthotic and prosthetic tools, both power and hand.
- Receives verbal and written instructions from qualified staff as to the production of custom orthotics and prosthetics.
- Provide technical support services and consults with technical staff in regards to types of materials and procedures needed for a desired outcome.
- If experienced, Proficient in the functional use of hand and power tools such as trautman routers, sanding, buffing and finishing tools, hand drills, heat source tools, sewing machines, appropriate bitts, blades or any specific implement used with a power tool.
- Proficient in bending irons, hammers, rivet work, scissors and all cutting tools.
- Knowledge of and practice in, using modern personal protective equipment
- Must be willing to learn, be very flexible, possess excellent communication skills and be a team player.
- Must have solid knowledge of principles and practices of bracing and casting (ie: Scoli braces, AFOs, KAFOs, etc)
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be flexible and willing to work scheduled hours
- Bilingual a plus